SonicBiblia® Inc. ("SonicBiblia®" or "we", "our" or "us") owns or controls, and provides access to the SonicBiblia® Website, currently located at www.sonicbiblia.org (the "Website").
The entry of personal data on this site is completely optional and is ordinarily for the purpose of creating an account, processing a transaction, or requesting to receive updates. Please choose a password that is not easy for someone else to guess, such as birthday, national identification number and phone number. We do not store your credit card information.
- Collecting Information.
- Personal information. In order to use certain features of the Website, you will need to register. When registering you will be asked to provide an email address and create a username and password. You may also choose to create a more detailed profile of yourself on the Website by submitting additional personal information. Please note that even if you do not provide any additional personal information to the Website (e.g., by adding it to your user profile), if you choose a username that includes or reveals your name or any other personal information, such information may be available to other users of the Website and to the general public.
- Location-based information. We keep track of the domains from which people visit SonicBiblia®, but we cannot see a user's zip code, post code, city or country unless the user chooses to explicitly provide this information to us. If you do choose to include information about your city or country of residence when setting up your user profile, please be aware that such information may be available for viewing by other users of the Website and to the general public.
- Browser information. We collect data regarding the users of SonicBiblia®, including: (i) The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user's computer. This may or may not be associated with a particular Internet Service Provider (ISP); (ii) The referring URL, if any; (iii) The browser software identification (i.e. the brand and version of your browser software).
- Statistical Information. From the moment you register and begin using the Website we create and maintain a usage record. This is accomplished by monitoring your activity on the Website. All of the information that is generated by your activity on the Website is fed back for the purpose of monitoring user trends. We store this information so that we can provide you the Service and offer personalized features.
SonicBiblia® does not process any personally identifiable information related to your scripture preference and/or profile in any manner other than as described in this Policy.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user.
We use several types of cookies on SonicBiblia®:
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site. For example, when you sign in to SonicBiblia®, we may send cookies to your device so that we can identify you as a valid user.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember choices you make when you use SonicBiblia®. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience on SonicBiblia®.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to SonicBiblia® and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate and maintain SonicBiblia®, improve the efficiency and quality of our Service.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the site or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Instagram. The social network will record that you have done this.
3. Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Service.
- To create your account, identify you as a user, and customize SonicBiblia® for your account.
- To send you promotional communications. These may include the email, surveys, or other newsletters depending on your settings. If you would rather not receive this information or would like to opt-out of receiving email of this kind, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link that appears on the bottom of any email and follow the simple instructions.
- To send you administrative communications. These may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts. You can't opt-out of receiving administrative communications.
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support.
- To track and measure SonicBiblia®' s performance.
- To process donations you make via SonicBiblia®.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
4. Sharing information.
SonicBiblia® may use aggregate or anonymous data collected through the Service, including Activity Data, for purposes such as understanding or improving the service. We do not track where you go on the World Wide Web.
SonicBiblia® does not trade, sell or share any personal information to third parties, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
We may provide personally-identifiable information to service providers who help us bring you the Service, such as hosting the Service at a co-location facility or sending email updates. In connection with these operations, our service providers may have access to personally-identifiable information for a limited time. When we utilize service providers for processing any personally-identifiable information, we implement reasonable contractual protections limiting the use of that personally-identifiable information to the provision of services to SonicBiblia®.
We may be required to disclose personally-identifiable information in response to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other personally-identifiable information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the SonicBiblia® name, or to prevent imminent harm. This may include sharing personally-identifiable information with other agents or government agencies.
5. Blogs / Chat / Communications With Other Users
In the future we may offer a blog and other interactive features. Please note that all personal information you display or communicate using such functionality becomes public information and we are not responsible for any information you choose to make public. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor such traffic via electronic software or otherwise in order to check for obscenity, defamation or abusive language, which we reserve the right to remove at any time. In addition, if you choose to personally communicate or meet with any other SonicBiblia® user by exchanging postal / email addresses, telephone numbers or otherwise via the interactive functionality of Bible.is, you do so at your own risk.
6. Personally Identifiable Information
SonicBibliaTM complies with all standards of disclosure as it pertains to your personal identifiable information. You can access the information we hold about you at any time by viewing your account on SonicBibliaTM.
SonicBibliaTM provides an account dashboard feature on our Website that allows you to modify and/or remove personal information. This page can be accessed by clicking on the Account /Settings link at the top right of most pages. All of your information within your profile is secure and accessible only by you or limited staff.
You have at all times the right to delete your account with SonicBibliaTM by following the instructions available through the Service. After your account is deleted we will retain aggregate or anonymous data collected through the Service, including Activity Data, which may be used by SonicBibliaTM.
7. Information Security
SonicBibliaTM has implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is stored behind a secure network and is only accessible by designated staff, and is used for the purpose for which you provided the information. When you give a gift or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information supplied by you is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and securely stored.
SonicBibliaTM complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard that requires us to:
- Protect stored data
- Implement security systems and applications such as firewalls and antivirus software
- Have a firewall at all times to protect data
- Use anti-virus software and have it updated regularly
- Have unique system and security passwords
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data and other sensitive data across all public networks
- Restrict employee business access to data based on the needs and job description
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Maintain an information security policy
You should never disclose your account password to unauthorized people. We use certain security measures to help keep your personal information safe, but we cannot guarantee that these measures will stop any users from trying to get around the privacy or security settings on the Website through unforeseen and/or illegal activity. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which your personal information may be accessed by unauthorized persons.
In the event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please contact us with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
8. SonicBibliaTM Policy for Young People
Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use our Service and must not attempt to register with us and/or submit any personal information to us. Young people between 13 and 17 should not send any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet (including to us) without asking their parents/legal guardians for permission beforehand. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us and we will delete all relevant information.
9. Legally-Compelled Disclosures
We believe in privacy and therefore will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains private. However, in the event that we are required to disclose personally identifiable information by a court, the police or other law enforcement bodies for their investigations, regulation or other governmental authority we will make such a disclosure without being in violation of this Policy.
By disclosing any information to SonicBiblia® through the Website and by using the SonicBiblia® Website as a registered user, you are consenting to the collection, storage and use of your personal information by SonicBiblia® as set out in this Policy and the Terms and Conditions, and you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories.
If SonicBiblia® makes any changes to this Policy these changes will be detailed on this page in order to ensure that you are fully aware of what information is collected, how it is used and under what circumstances it will be disclosed. The "Last Updated" legend indicates when this Policy was last changed. If we make any material changes to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site prior to those changes taking effect. If you have any specific concerns not addressed in the Policy, please contact us.
If you decide that you do not want your personal information to be used in the way described in this Policy, you can send us a notice that you wish to withdraw your consent as set out above. Because the SonicBiblia® community relies on users sharing information, withdrawing your consent will mean that you are not able to receive the full benefits of SonicBiblia®'s service as a user. Additionally, if you do not provide your consent, or if you withdraw your consent, you should not use the Website as a registered user, which means that many features will be unavailable to you.
12. Effective Date